Full-time Regular Position
The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
Implements and monitors TransLink's enterprise risk policy and facilitates achievement of related goals across the enterprise. Act as a champion for risk management for the enterprise by promoting, advising and educating leaders and staff on the Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Provides strategic input and executes the Enterprise Risk Management policy for the enterprise and works towards alignment of the various ERM frameworks for the organization. Engages with all levels of management in updating of ERM frameworks within TransLink and across the operating companies.
- Performs enterprise risk assessments to identify strategic, financial, human resources, operational, environmental, hazard and reputational risk issues; ascertains and provides recommendation on business objectives, processes and associated risks of the enterprise.
- Contributes to ensure consistent and compliant application of Enterprise Risk Management Program across all levels of the organization and builds understanding of Enterprise Risk Management gaps and requirements throughout the enterprise, ensuring corrective action and recommendation as required.
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders to provide education and awareness on the enterprise risk process. Coordinates and leads risk management working groups as needed, highlighting concerns and red flags based on feedback from the workshops and working group meetings.
- Provides risk related input on sustainability issues for the enterprise and operating companies and provides guidance to the Project Management Office in the defining of project specific risk frameworks. Performs project risk assessments on major projects to identify, assess and report on project specific risks. Ensure adequate closure of highlighted risk concerns and escalates where required.
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc reports on enterprise risk issues and achievements, ensuring the Senior Manager is alerted to critical risks as they are identified. Also supports the Senior Manager in the development of reports and delivery of presentations to the Executive and the Board regarding critical risks.
- Researches emerging enterprise risk trends and best practices, identifies and recommends process improvement solutions to streamline and optimize the Enterprise Risk Management and project risk process.
Education & Experience:
The requirements for this job are acquired through undergraduate degree in business or a related discipline plus 5 years of related experience in enterprise risk management.
- Solid knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and techniques pertaining to Enterprise Risk and project risk,
- Solid business acumen with ability to execute the development and implementation of risk management programs,
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills to provide advice and counsel on sensitive and highly confidential issues,
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to provide specialized expertise, advice, guidance and to influence all levels of the organization,
- Solid knowledge of the systems and technology necessary to optimize ERM information, and
- Good understanding of TransLink's strategic and operational priorities, including the policies, climate and culture that govern the organization's political structure.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioral descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Please click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process. INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line. Closing Date: Open until filled Please note that only those short listed will be contacted. Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
TransLink is committed to employment equity.